WHY EVERYONE needs to STOP cleaning with Bleach!

Many people think of Bleach as a go to in their homes.  From keeping your clothes white, to sanitizing your countertops, bleach is now used widespread throughout American homes.   In fact, some home-makers actually keep diluted bleach in a water bottle under the sink and spray it as if it were a safe household ingredient.  Unfortunately for them, bleach is a poisonous toxin that is associated with some of the worst health risks in the world.

Bleach is highly corrosive and is an irritant to the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract.  Simply inhaling these invisible gases has been known to deteriorate the lungs and esophagus lining in addition to scarring the respiratory tract.  Most of the time you don’t even know it’s happening, the effects seem minimal, but over time, these regular exposures to this toxic poison are killing you without you even aware of the problem. Even though this has been pointed out on various news reporting stories throughout the world, the demand for bleach only continues to grow.

In addition to being toxic to humans and our little furry friends, chlorine bleach also poses a significant risk to the environment, and was even used as a chemical weapon during World War I!  Think about that, a CHEMICAL WEAPON!  We have our babies crawling around on bleach fresh floors thinking we are protecting them from bacteria on the ground and meanwhile we are slowly poisoning them over time.  National poison statistics show that 118,000 people are poisoned just by household cleaning products alone.  Add in another 150,000 for cosmetic and personal care items and you are well over a quarter of a million people per year being poisoned.

Childproof your home, please!  Join us on our next webinar to learn more about the hidden dangers in your regularly used, everyday household cleaning products. Learn how to make an AFFORDABLE shift to an eco friendly household by joining our WHOLESALE network for only $19 per year!  Let me show you how to replace your current products with safer ones that are equally as effective.    Simply text 480-707-3859 to speak to your Green Clean Life Champion today!

To Fluoride or Not To Fluoride?

In almost every dentist’s office you’ll see that they recommend using FLUORIDE toothpaste to reduce cavities. They tell children to switch to a product containing FLUORIDE once they are old enough. Why do we wait until they can spit it out? Spitting it out does not magically make your body immune to the chemical. It is still is absorbed into your bloodstream once it touches your gums. Why does the toothpaste tube tell you to only use a “pea sized” amount and be sure to not swallow any? It is because of all the dangers lurking in FLUORIDE. The truth is, you do not have to swallow fluoride for it to enter your bloodstream. In fact, simply brushing it into your gums, is a direct outlet to enter your bloodstream.

Research does in fact show that FLUORIDE can help reduce cavities, and that’s a good thing. However, too much of anything usually causes health problems. In the case of FLUORIDE, it most certainly does. Many people around the world are suffering from pits in tooth enamel, discolored teeth, and too much FLUORIDE has been known to even cause brittle bones. Some studies are even looking at the possibility of neurotoxicity! The use of FLUORIDE is a balancing act. You want to use just enough to help fight off the cavities, but you also don’t want to ingest so much that it makes you sick.

A couple of you are probably asking, where does drinking water factor in? Most public drinking water is FLUORIDATED to 0.7 parts per million. Sounds like a safe amount to you, right? WRONG. Even at this level it is estimated that every one in five children are getting too much FLUORIDE in their systems. Even though FLUORIDE is a naturally occurring chemical, it is still a chemical that needs to be used responsibly. Go home and make sure everyone in your household is aware of the dangers behind using too much FLUORIDE. There are many great alternatives that are also safe that can be swapped out for regular fluorinated toothpastes.

ENTER TO WIN our free Basket of Eco-Friendly, kid and pet safe products! Text: BASKET to 480-707-3859 today! Also, get an invite to our upcoming webinar exposing more hidden household dangers.

TOXIC BPA Still Found In Many Products, Legally!

Ever heard of BPA aka Bisphenol A/BPA? Of course you have! It used to be found in baby bottles and sippy cups, but thanks to a public awareness of the dangers, they have been removed from these particular products. Now, you can walk down the aisle at the store and see that they are all advertised as “BPA FREE.” It is no longer being used in baby bottles, which is a good start, but still not enough. What about the rest of us? BPA is still a toxic chemical attacking our systems.

BPA is prevalent in a wide variety of products that contain plastic that you use daily. BPA makes plastic more rigid. Because of this you can find it in items such as; reusable plastic plates, water bottles, plastic coffee cups, and plastic cooking utensils. Just to name a few. It is most commonly found in the lining of food and beverage containers in stores, where it has plenty of time to sit on the shelf and let all those chemicals really sink in. Yuck! Keeping them in the trunk of your car, exposed to heat, is a sure fire way to imbibe BPA directly.

BPA is an endocrine disruptor that mimics natural hormones. It can affect reproductive development and reproductive health. Studies have shown it linked to low testosterone and even male reproductive problems. In girls, BPA has been known for causing early puberty. Can you imagine that this chemical is being used in baby products?! Do your own search at home, right now and you will probably find multiple products containing BPA in your cabinet. We urge you to remove them immediately and tell your friends and family.

ENTER TO WIN our free Basket of Eco-Friendly, kid and pet safe products! Text: BASKET to 480-707-3859 today! Also, get an invite to our upcoming webinar exposing more hidden household dangers.

Think Butter Flavored PopCorn Is Healthy? Think Again…

So many people reach for popcorn as their go to healthy snack. In fact, most people use microwaveable popcorn because of the convenience factor. Most microwaveable popcorn is “butter flavored”. Herein lies the problem. A chemical called diacetyl is used in the artificially made butter flavoring.

Diacetyl is linked to an extremely severe lung disease sometimes referred to as “popcorn lung.” It became known when thousands of workers became affected by it due to prolonged exposure to the chemical in the plant. Companies knew that their product was causing this medical complication and yet they still did not make any efforts of stopping production. Finally, after a long fight, and an actual disease named after the harmful DIACETYL chemical, it started to get phased out from the major pop corn makers.

They found a way to make the popcorn safer. We should be happy right? WRONG! The replacement they found is called 2.3 PENTANEDIONE. We weren’t shocked to find out that this chemical also started making buyers develop breathing problems. Unfortunately even after what was discovered about this new and “safer” version of BPA it is still used in many butter-flavored products. Popcorn is not the only product you need to be worried about, butter cookies and anything containing this artificial flavored butter also runs the risk of having DIACETYL in it. If you have buttered popcorn in your home right now, make sure to read the label! Do yourself a favor, make yours from scratch, melt real butter and spray it on with a BPA free spray bottle!

ENTER TO WIN our free Basket of Eco-Friendly, kid and pet safe products! Text: BASKET to 480-707-3859 today! Also, get an invite to our upcoming webinar exposing more hidden household dangers.

Widespread Chemical – Phthalates Cause Extreme Reproductive Issues

Phthalates, which are pronounced “thalates” are widespread in many soft plastic products such as toys, hairspray, lubricants, fragrance and perfumes to name a few. You can even find them in your medications. The worst thing, is that phthalates will probably not even be listened on the list of ingredients. As the are one of my parts included in the word “fragrance”. In addition, toys do not have ingredient lists, so no one knows which toys contain phthalates.

Unfortunately, these “invisible” phthalates are in hundreds, if not thousands of products that we use on a daily basis. Why are these phthalates so bad for us? Well, studies have shown that men’s reproductive system is quite sensitive to phthalates, particularly when they are exposed in the womb. Some phthalates produce extreme male genital defects and others have noted reductions in semen production.

All of these conditions are from women being exposed to phthalates while pregnant. Phthalates exposure has been linked to breast cancer and testicular cancer in men and has also been linked to neurological and behavioral difficulties. Some other studies have linked phthalates to obesity and a diabetic risk. As of 2009, California has banned the use of phthalates in childrens’ toys and childcare articles. It is illegal to sell, manufacture, or distribute these items.

When choosing to purchase plastics, choose plastics with recycling codes of 1, 2, and/or 5. When purchasing cosmetic-type items, since phthalates won’t be on an ingredient list, select a brand that prides itself on using phthalates-free ingredients. These companies typically add this labeling to their packages.

ENTER TO WIN our free Basket of Eco-Friendly, kid and pet safe products! Text: BASKET to 480-707-3859 today! Also, get an invite to our upcoming webinar exposing more hidden household dangers.